The team at CQ Aesthetics are committed to ensuring you get the very best out of your treatments.
Not all treatments are the same, so it's important to know about your post procedure aftercare. We encourage you to read these thoroughly before your appointment to know what to expect and how to care for you skin after your procedure.
Anti-wrinkle Injections Aftercare
- Do not rub or touch the treated area till the next morning. This includes not having any facial treatments, laser or massages.
- Do not lie down for the next 4-6 hours as you may inadvertently affect the adjacent muscle.
- Paracetamol is recommended for any headaches or pain.
- Exercise for the next 24 hours and any exposure to any heat treatments such as sauna, hot tub or tanning for 48 hours as it will make your treatment less effective.
- Medicines such as ibuprofen (Nurofen) or diclofenac (Voltaren) for the next 24 hours. There is a small risk of bruising; it is generally minor and can be covered up with make-up after 24 hours. Arnica tablets can be taken to help reduce bruising.
Dermal Fillers Aftercare
- Redness, swelling and mild itching on or around the injection site generally resolves within 1-2 days although we recommend you allow 2 weeks for resolution.
- As with all injected areas there is a risk of bruising on or around the injection site. Taking aspirin or any similar medication may increase the risk of bruising at the injection site.
- Some discomfort and tenderness may follow the treatment. Avoid vigorous massaging the treated areas. Although a gentle massage is permitted in the event of unevenness or lumps as discussed in your consultation.
- If you have facial cold sore symptoms, please contact our office so that your provider can prescribe an antiviral medication.
- As discussed during your consultation, you may require more than 1 treatment session for optimal results.
- An opportunity for a review appointment will be made available to you 2 - 3 weeks following your treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup post treatment for 12 hours. If you must wear make up please ensure it is a mineral make up.
- Avoid exposing the treated areas to extreme heat or extreme cold until full resolution of any redness and swelling. Always wear an SPF on your face.
- If you are concerned or have questions please contact the clinic on (07) 4921 4885 so we can support you.
- For after hours emergency only 0429 480 556